After a good response from our previous post Eye Exercises For those who spend a long time on computer . I get inspired to write something more, which should be more beneficial and I convince you that if you are a desk bound then you must try it.
There has been a lot of research done on “mouse injuries” and other problems that arise with continual use of a computer monitor and keyboard. ‘Dry eye’ appears to be the main contributor to the symptoms of computer vision syndrome. Working at a computer for long periods at a time without a break can result in a condition called “computer fatigue syndrome,” which encompasses a host of symptoms:
- 1. Eyestrain;
- 2. Heaviness of the eyelids (eye fatigue);
- 3. Blurred vision;
- 4. Flickering sensations in vision; and
- 5. Headaches
At the same time, neck and back pain can also develop. From studies, very few people know how to rest their eye effectively. The following eye relaxation exercises will help you to relax and reduce eye fatigue. So, here we are describing some relaxation / yoga exercises for you with a linked video to understand all these briefly. Moreover, if you want to take this relaxation or yoga exercises outdoors such as on a beach, you can try joining yoga retreats in Hawaii.
Spontaneous Breathing (Pranayama) to quiet the mind
This is a breathing exercise, relaxation and meditation exercise. Start by lying on your back with your hands by your sides (or directly following the head rolling, remain sitting in a chair with the hands resting on the legs or in the lap.) The eyes are closed.
- Start by exhaling through the nose, fully. Without forcing, take a deep, slow, steady and full inhalation through the nostrils, followed by a slow steady exhalation. Your ribs will expand to the sides and forward as you breathe in. Inhale and exhale about the same volume of air and length of time, blowing the air slowly out through the nostrils. Take your time, watching the breath.
- Repeat twice. Finish with an exhalation, and return to natural breathing. Release the chin lock.
- Be quiet, and observe the effects.
Tension releasing exercises for the arms and shoulders
Rest your fingertips on your shoulders throughout this exercise. Begin with your upper arms at shoulder level, elbows pointing sideways. Then rotate your arms in a circular motion, moving them backwards and down, and then let the elbows meet in front of your stomach. Keep them together as you rise up in front of your chest and face, and then turn them out to the sides, back and down again. 5-10 times. Repeat this exercise in the opposite direction. Shoulder rolling limbers up your shoulders and the upper part of your neck.
The Diamond Posture (Vajrasana)
Kneel on a thick carpet or blanket with your knees close together. Sit back on your heels and stretch up from your hips, balancing your head well so that a line drawn through ear, shoulder, elbow and hip would be straight. You should sit up in this posture for greatest benefits.
The Locust (Salabhasana)
Most yoga students are familiar with this posture. Lie flat, face down, chin on floor. Make your hands into fists and push them either under your thighs to help the lift, or place them alongside your body. Exhale and lift legs from your hips, tightening your buttocks and stretching your legs up and back. Hold position for as long as possible, exhale, return to starting posture and repeat.
Benefits of Yoga
The benefits of yoga are extensive. Not only does yoga affect the physical aspect of the body, it addresses the mind and spirit as well. Daily exercises are a great way to help relieve the stress of your day and can bring a sense of well-being to your life.
- Stress Relief: Yoga can help reduce the effects of stress on your body. One of the benefits of yoga is that it encourages relaxation and can lower the amount of cortisol in your body.
- Increased Strength: Yoga poses use all the muscles in your body and help you increase your strength level from head to toe. The benefits of yoga and daily exercises will help you strengthen your muscles close to the bones, which increase the support of your skeletal system as well.
- Focus on the Present: You can have greater coordination, memory skills, reaction times, and improved concentration skills by utilizing yoga for daily exercises. These benefits of yoga will extend far out of the yoga center.
- Pain Relief: Daily exercises of yoga can help ease the aches and pains of the body. Many people with very serious diseases have reported less pain after these daily exercises, such as asanas or meditation.
- Weight Management: You will see the benefits of yoga begin to affect your scale. Daily exercises are always recommended, but yoga helps reduce the level of cortisol in your body. This aids in weight loss and fat burning.
- Improved Circulation: Yoga will help improve your body”s circulation. In turn, with daily exercises, you will see the benefits of yoga with lowered blood pressure and pulse rates.