- Top 5 Budget Gaming Laptops in 2021 - September 25, 2021
- IV Compounding: Considerations And The Best Practices - September 23, 2021
- How to Select the Right Platform to Invest in Litecoin - September 17, 2021
How to Learn Them with the Help of Practice Tests?
CompTIA Network+ is a globally recognized certification in the field of IT. It complies with the ISO/ANSI accreditation status and is accredited by the American National Standards Institute. To earn this certificate, the potential candidates must pass a single test, which is known as CompTIA N10-007.
Detailed Overview of CompTIA Network+ N10-007 Exam
This is a 90-minute test consisting of about 90 questions. The exam covers different question types, including performance-based, multiple choice, and drag and drop. The performance-based items evaluate one’s ability to apply different networking concepts in practical terms. The applicants must achieve the passing score of 720 points to qualify for the certification.
To register for the test, you have to pay the fee of $338 and register with Pearson VUE. The exam can be taken in English, Portuguese, German, Spanish, and Japanese. Certbolt recommends that the interested candidates have at least nine to twelve months of practical experience in networking before taking the test. It is also better to hold the CompTIA A+ certification to understand the concepts.
The potential candidates for this certification exam must demonstrate their capability to design and implement functional networks and also configure, maintain, and manage network devices with routers and switches to sustain network traffic flow. Additionally, they should be able to identify various vulnerabilities with networks and demonstrate the relevant skills to resolve them. The test takers should also have the ability to implement best practices and standards of network security as well as create and visualize networks for a multifaceted network environment. The core areas that the students need to develop competence in while preparing for CompTIA N10-007 are highlighted as Exam-Labs.com :
- Networking Concepts: The areas of focus for this topic include the details of OSI Layers, protocols & ports, protocol types, routing, wired topologies, subnetting, Cloud concepts, configurations, segmentation & interface properties, and network traffic properties;
- Infrastructure: The core areas in this domain include virtualization, transceivers, configuration of devices, and cabling solutions;
- Network Operations: The subtopics that the candidates need to focus on while preparing for this section include availability concepts, diagrams, and monitoring;
- Network Security: You should gain adequate knowledge and skills in this part and develop a good understanding of authentication, detection, hardware tools, troubleshooting, software tools, and network attacks, among others;
- Network Troubleshooting & Tools: As for this module, the individuals need to learn the information about the network troubleshooting methodology, appropriate tools, as well as connectivity, performance, and network service issues.
It is recommended that the learners download the official exam blueprint to have a complete understanding of the knowledge areas that will be measured in the certification test.
Preparation Tips for CompTIA Network+ N10-007 Exam
It is easy to get started with exam preparation. All you need is the right approach and you will be able to complete your certification process from start to finish within a short period. Just follow the steps below:
- Learn all you can about the CompTIA Network+ certificate to know if it is the right option for you;
- Download the exam objectives from the official website and start studying;
- Also, download the sample questions to measure your progress;
- Use practice tests to measure your skills and readiness.
To obtain any IT certification, you should master the exam topics. Everything you need to understand, including the skills that you should get, is covered in the official study materials and available online. Therefore, use those sites that have effective resources that you can use (like ExamLabs.com). It has some great prep tools that will significantly improve your performance in the CompTIA N10-007 test.