Wednesday, April 17, 2024

    Can I Make Money on Blogger?

    This article is specifically about blogging platforms – and not about blogging. So we are assuming that you are already familiar with the basics of blogging, such as writing crisp, grammatically correct posts on interesting topics, engaging your audience, doing your keyword research and so on.  We don’t have to tell you much about that, so we shall be focusing on blogging platforms – Blogger, in particular – and how you can make money from them.

    Blogger is Google’s blogging platform. Blogger is free and allows you to publish whatever you want to. It also has the advantage of being a part of Google – which means you have access to Google’s highly secure platform, which is almost impenetrable to cyber attacks. It’s easy to create backups on Blogger, managing the server’s resources is a piece of cake as well. And yes, you can make money from Blogger. We tell you all about making money from Blogger, as well as the pros and cons of the platform.

    How can I make money on Blogger?

    The easiest way to make money on Blogger is to place ads on it – contextual, text and display ads. There are many services that pay you for placing their ads on your blog. Google AdSense should obviously be your no. 1 choice, since Blogger is a Google product and so has excellent compatibility with AdSense. But there are other great advertising services as well, such as Adgenta or Q-Ads, Text Link Ads, AdBrite, Kontera, Text Link Brokers, Value Click, Tribal Fusion.

    Google AdSense places ads that are relevant to your content and pays you 68% of the amount for each click – the remaining 32% goes to Google. Just a few clicks won’t make you much money. You want to have as many ad clicks as possible, possibly in the thousands, each month. That will be sure to get you an impressive check from Google at the end of each month.

    You can also make money from Blogger by becoming an affiliate and selling products belonging to other businesses or individuals on your site. In return, you will be given a healthy commission for each sale. Affiliate networks such as Clickbank pay commissions amounting to 30 to 70%, which is really amazing – but you can only sell digital products on Clickbank.

    Amazon also has a popular affiliate program, but they really pay a very low commission – you will never make much money with Amazon unless you sell a large number of products. Other affiliate programs that you can consider joining are, eBay Affiliates, AllPosters, LinkShare, The Affiliate Program Directory, Commission Junction and Associate Programs.

    Blogger Drawbacks

    You can also make money on Blogger by writing product reviews and testimonials. There are sites such as ReviewMe, SponsoredReviews, PayPerPost and PayU2Blog that offer you good money for reviews certain products and services. This is a great way to make money. You will even be sent a free sample to review as well – which is for you to keep.

    So, that’s how you can make money from Blogger. However, Blogger has certain disadvantages. For a start, any content you write on Blogger is owned by Google, and not by you. Google can shut your blog any time it wants to, for any reason whatsoever. Blogger has a limited tool set and templates; there is only so much you can do with it. Blogger is not all that portable either.

    You cannot move your blog from Blogger to some other platform without losing your ranking on Google’s SERPs. There’s not much support available for users of Google Blogger apart from the most basic documentation and a forum. There’s always a risk that Google might discard Blogger.

    Final Thoughts

    Our advice is to use WordPress, which is the best Content Management System out there for setting up your blog, instead of Blogger. You will have complete ownership over your WordPress blog and it doesn’t cost much either. There are thousands of WordPress themes to choose from and WordPress is compatible with all mobile platforms. So, you’d be better off picking WordPress over Blogger.

    Raghav Hegde
    Raghav Hegde
    I am a freelance ERP consultant based in Bangalore, India, and double up as a freelance writer in my spare time. My specialties include writing on technology, finance and politics. There is nothing I love more than reviewing the hottest tech products, and I hope to share my love of technology with you, the readers of Geekers Magazine, to inform, educate and entertain. I like constructive criticism, so if you guys have any advice or suggestions for me, I really would appreciate that. Ciao! Raghav Hegde, Bangalore

    Related Articles


    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Stay Connected

    - Advertisement -spot_img

    Latest Articles