Spirit jailbreak is now officially available for all iDevices. This untethered jailbreak tool supports iPhone 3.1.2 as well as iPad 3.2 operating system. Hacker has also been confirmed that Spirit jailbreak is safe for latest iTunes 9.1.1 version. Jailbreaking process is very easy provided that one must use following guide to understand important steps.
1. Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
2. Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
3. If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)
1. Download iTunes 9.1.1
2. Download Spirit for Windows [Fast Mirror Link] or Download Spirit for OS X [Fast Mirror Link]
3. Download iPad 3.2 (aka iPhone 3.2) for iPad [iPhone 2G | iPhone 3G | iPhone 3GS]
Step 1: Download the latest version of iTunes and install it in your iphone (You can download it by the link given below).
Step 2: You will require to be on the official iPhone 3.1.2, or you can also manage it on iPhone 3.1.3 firmware on your iPhone. You can Download it by the links provided at the end of the post for iPhone OS 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.
Step 3: Download Spirit for Windows or Mac (You can download it by the link given at the end of the post).
Step 4: Connect iPhone with your PC, Run “Spirit” and then Click on “Jailbreak”:
Note for Windows 7/Vista Users (OS X users should skip to Step 5): Change the “Compatibility mode” to “Windows 98 / Windows Me” by right clicking on “Spirit.exe”, and then click on “Properties”. This can be seen in the screenshot below. [Thanks to xeon82 for this tip via twitter]
Also check: “Run this program as an administrator” option on the same window.
Step 5: Now the app will perform its function until then you have to wait for the app to show “Jailbreak Complete!” message. At this point, wait for the iPhone to automatically reboot.
Step 6: Bingo! Now you have a fully jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS running on firmware 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 – Untethered !.
Spirit Jailbreak for a 3.1.3/3.2 iPad & iPhone 3g/3gs & iPod touch (PC/MAC) Untethered – Video
Disclaimer: This guide is for testing & educational purposes only. Geekersmagazine is not responsible for any loss of important data or malfunctioning of your iPhone.
Spirit Jailbreak Tool Updated. Fixes Photo Deletion Bug and Errors on Windows
The official change log is as follows.
I’ve updated the jailbreak tool. It no longer deletes photos (sorry!) and should resolve the issue with error code c0000005. (If you still get that error with the new version, try setting compatibility mode to Windows 95.)
You may also like to check out:
Android Multitouch ported on iPhone 3G
Latest posts by Rohit (see all)
- Top 21 Free Online Proxy Websites to Access Facebook and YouTube - March 18, 2017
- 14 Ways to Download Videos from YouTube - February 22, 2017
- Download a complete website to read it Offline – How to - September 25, 2014