As you know iOS 4.0 jailbreak tool Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 for Windows already released for download. You can Jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3G & iPod touch 2G on Windows.You can activate multitasking & background wallpaper of iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G using Redsn0w 0.9.5 B5 on Windows, which has been blocked by Apple.
Requirements for Jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3G & iPod 2G with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5.
1. Download iTunes 9.2 (required to activate iPhone 3G).
2. Download iOS 4.0 GM for iPhone 3G / iPod touch 2G.
3. Download Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 for Windows.
It will not unlock your phone, need to registered iPhone UDID with Apple to get past the activation process.
If you will update to iPhone OS 4 Beta, will upgrade your baseband & leave you locked so if you don’t know how to unlock your iPhone OS 4 Beta then don’t update it.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2G with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 on Windows
1. Update iPod Touch 2G/iPhone 3G to iOS 4.0
2. Start with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 & then browse & select firmware for respective devices
iPhone 3G – iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw
iPod Touch 2G – iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw
3. Click on Next and Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 prepare data for jailbreak.
4. Now “Install Cydia” and click Next. (uncheck “Enable multitasking and wallpaper” option ,If you don’t want multitasking & wallpaper ).
5. Switch off your iPhone 3G/ iPod Touch 2G and connect it to computer and click on next button.
6. Now you will need to put your iPhone in DFU mode, to do this hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too for about 10 seconds. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins .
7 Wait until redsn0w completes the rest of the process. Once done, your iPhone 3G will restart automatically and you will find it jailbroken with iPhone firmware version 4.0.
There are no unlock tool available which can unlock iOS 4.0 with baseband 05.13.04, you must wait for official announcement form iPhone Dev team if you are planning to unlock.