Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/roberti2/geekersmagazine.com/wp-content/plugins/ad-injection/ad-injection.php on line 824
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/roberti2/geekersmagazine.com/wp-content/plugins/ad-injection/ad-injection.php on line 831
Website is one of the attractions you can have for your business. Hiring a hosting website provider can become a tricky challenge for you because there a number of them online. Most of the time you are to choose between cheap hosting plans and free hosting website service. . While there are a lot of hosting providers that will give you free hosting for your site, you should avoid hosting your website on such servers, for a multitude of reasons.
First of all, ask yourself why they would offer you for free something they make money from. The reason would be publicity. Free stuff means traffic, means people finding out about yourself and about your service. This would be good for business on the long run.
- Bad impression with long URL’s :I have listen from somewere that first impression is the last impression. Your website address should be sounds well to get a good potential of your customerss. When using free hosting, your URL (the web page of your website) will look something like this: http://freehostingservice.com/~yourbusiness. A domain name lіkе tһіѕ іѕ аn instant signal tο уουr prospects tһаt уουr business іѕ still іn tһе minor leagues. It іѕ very difficult tο build trust аnd credibility wһеn уουr web presence appears tο bе flу-bу-night. Ifyou want your users to be believe on you then there will be a need of professional look.
- Restricted Features : Free web hosts typically offer a limited variety of services. This lack of flexibility will critically hold back your capability to conduct and grow up your business online. As an example, if you choose a free provider, you will have restricted or no access to email, FTP accounts, content management systems or ecommerce options.
- Unwanted Banner Ads : The best things in life may be free, but great web hosting service is not one of them. How do you think a company that offers free web hosting make money to run their operation?The simple answer is by advertising. In exchange for your free hosting account, you will have advertisments placed on your site. These advertisments support your free hosting provider and give them a source of income. The advertising is not very targeted and can also be intrusive on the browsing experience (pop up and pop-under ads).
- Not enough scripting and database support : This is in case you get any. Period. Usually free hosting package means HTML only, no PHP or ASP support and about databases such as MySQL, we should not speak about from the start because you won’t get any! Maybe it does not mean much to you, if you are not familiar with website technology, but scripting support enables you to have some interesting and useful scripts integrated on your site from third party providers. Database support means shopping carts, statistics, users, etc. Wouldn’t you like to have a blog on your site? Well, if you use a free hosting, then you probably won’t get this. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t speak about dedicated blogging platforms such as Blogspot.com or WordPress.org. No, I speak about regular free website hosting that is not dedicated to hosting free blogs.
- Does not last forever : This is the biggest problems in free hosting services that there is no guarantee that it will stay in business for long. May be you hav also listen about such type of incidents of closing some good big providers. A great example of such comes to my mind, One of the popular example is yahoo GeoCities, a free web hosting service which was closed by Yahoo.com. When you pay to register and host your own domain name, you have got the option to transfer it. With free hosting services, this is often sometimes not the case. So, if you pay a year or two build up your web site and driving traffic to it before realizing how beneficial it would be to possess your own domain name, your exhausting effort might be out the window.
- Error Pages and Overcrowded Servers : Another problem with free web hosting is that you will not be able to use error message. The error pages are used by the web server to show visitors, that there has been an error. For example, a 404 error is displayed when a page is not within the web site. This results in slow load time for webpages and amplified downtime for your website. After all, both of these issues will have a heavy destructive impact on the expansion and productivity of your business. On other hand With the right paid web hosting you can provide a custom error page for each type of error and you will come across very high performance servers.