Living in a big city with clear skin? Mission Impossible. And cleansing is very important, especially if you are planning to give yourself beauty shots with dermal fillers soon. Walk down the street without makeup, and then wipe your face with a cotton swab. You will be surprised how quickly it turns from crystal white to dirty and gray. Now imagine what happens to the skin when we are too lazy to wash and fall asleep with a tonal foundation. The derm of the face becomes dull and tired, rashes and wrinkles appear. There is a way out – regular cleaning. We tell you how to do it right at home.
How to choose a facial cleanser
Choose a skin cleanser based on your skin type and characteristics. The more sensitive the derm, the softer the product should be.
- For dry skin, cleansers with moisturizers and oils are a good choice. Cleansing cream with cotton oil gently cleanses, leaving a feeling of hydration and comfort.
- For oily skin, cleansers based on matting, sebum-regulating, and bactericidal components are recommended. Gels are a good choice: they have a higher concentration of detergents than creams, which means they clean the pores well. Activated charcoal gel regulates oily sheen and helps in the fight against comedones.
- Owners of combination skin need care that will not overdry dry areas and help to cope with oiliness in the T-zone. Use all-purpose cleansers or products labeled “combination skin.” For example, a cleansing gel with allantoin: is good for both oily and combination derm.
- Normal skin also needs high-quality cleansing, it is suitable for cleansers that do not dry out the derm, tone, and moisturize. Foam with snail mucin and green tea gently cleanses, actively moisturizes, and has a rejuvenating effect. Suitable for sensitive skin prone to redness.
How to properly cleanse the skin of the face: a step-by-step analysis
Cleansing is part of a comprehensive facial skincare routine, so don’t ignore the other steps of your daily skincare routine. To thoroughly cleanse the derm and prepare it for subsequent care, follow a simple sequence:
Step 1. Makeup removal
Apply the product to a cotton pad and wipe your face with it. It is important to act carefully, especially for the thin skin around the eyes.
Remove makeup in the following order:
- Lips. Remove lipstick in the direction from the edge to the center, holding the corners of the mouth with your hand. First, treat one-half of the lips, and then the other.
- Eyes. Apply the makeup remover to a cotton pad and apply it to your eyes. When treating the moving eyelid, gently slide the disc in the direction from the bridge of the nose to the outer edge. When removing makeup from the lower eyelid, proceed in the opposite direction. Change discs if cosmetics are still left.
- The skin on the face. With light massage movements, remove the remnants of tone, powder, and impurities. Move from the center to the periphery of the face.
Step 2. Washing
Any make-up remover must be washed off with water. Constant contact of such products with the derm can disrupt the barrier function of the epidermis and lead to dryness, redness, and peeling. Washing with a gel or foam will remove the remnants of micellar water or hydrophilic oil, open the pores and further cleanse the skin.
Step 3 and 4: Toning and Moisturizing
Many people forget or skip toning because they don’t understand why tonics are needed. But the use of this product is important: it helps to restore the pH balance of the derm, which is disturbed by tap water, prepares the skin for further care, and improves the penetration of active substances of other products.
Toning is always followed by hydration. This is the next step towards healthy skin. With a lack of moisture, the derm loses elasticity and firmness, which can lead to the early appearance of wrinkles. To prevent this, use moisturizers and serums.
How to properly cleanse the skin of the face: briefly
Facial cleansing is what you need to start and end your day with. In the morning, a cleanser is enough, and in the evening it is worth doing a make-up remover first. Act gently and carefully. Persistent rubbing of the skin will damage the top layer of the skin and cause premature aging.
A couple of times a week it is worth carrying out additional cleansing of the skin of the face with the help of exfoliants with acids, clay, or enzymes. Such products deeply cleanse the pores and help the skin to renew itself, giving the face freshness and a healthy glow.
You can choose a care product on your own or trust a specialist. The cosmetologist will assess the condition of the skin, prescribe the right care and, if necessary, advise beauty procedures to improve the condition of the derm (cleansing, peeling, etc.). If you are unable to make an appointment, take an online skin diagnosis. Answer a few simple questions and receive a personalized home care program.