Box.net, a great platform to store your important files online, allows users up to 1GB online storage to store important files for back-up. Users can access stored files from anywhere, which is the best thing about this service. You can use it to save your important e-books or any other materials that are priceless to you and losing them create havoc. People who use Windows, it is very easy for them to Access your Box.net Account from Ubuntu(Linux based), it is quite a puzzle. It might be a puzzle because people are not actually aware of this procedure which is pretty simple. Follow these simple steps to access your Box.net account from Ubuntu.
Steps to Access your Box.net Account from Ubuntu are:-
- You will see the menu bar on top of your monitor screen. Go to the “Places” option and you will be presented with a menu. In the menu, you need to go to “Connect to server” to Access your Box.net Account from Ubuntu. This option is given to make new server connections.One dialog box would be opened now on your screen, titled as “Connect to Server”. Usually, there will be five fields that you need to fill but only one of them is mandatory, others are optional. First field, “Server” is mandatory. You should write “www.box.net/dav” in the text box next to this field.
- In the username field, input your own username that you use in Box.net website.
- “Name to use for the connection” is an optional field but it is recommended that you supply a name there because icon with that name will appear on the desktop. If you leave it blank, a default name will be used for the icon.
- In case, you want to educate yourself more about the whole procedure, click on “Help” button and you will be presented with “help dialog box” which has information about how this procedure works.
- Once you have filled all the required fields, click on “Connect” button, an icon will be created on the desktop. Double click on that icon and one dialog box will pop up. This dialog box is for the authentication process, which requires your login details. Once you type in your login details, you will be able to Access your Box.net Account from Ubuntu very easily.
- If you don’t want to type a password, again and again, you can check the option “remember my password” while typing login details in authentication dialog box.
- This procedure works fine with both the versions: Ubuntu Dapper and Ubuntu Edgy Eft.
- 14 Ways to Download Videos from YouTube - February 22, 2017
- Download a complete website to read it Offline – How to - September 25, 2014
- Top 5 Text-to-Speech Apps for Your Android - September 21, 2014