There is no doubt that reading paper comics helps in bringing back old school days memories but reading the eComics of your favorite superhero on tablets is always a fun. All you need to have some decent comic reader apps that can provide an awesome reading experience by taking the advantage of every single pixel available on your Android device’s screen. Luckily, there are some best comic readers available at Play store that can provide you the same. Choose one that meets up all your needs.
This digital trend of comics reading is best alternative to save the papers as well as the space of your bookshelf. There was a time when comics were only available is some selected markets. But now, anyone can download the comics of their favorite characters from various websites and store in memory of smartphone or computer. The number of comic reader apps for android users are more than any other platform. If you want to recall the old days of your childhood, then these apps are the best way. most of them are free of cost so there is no need to pay anything for reading. below are some options that you can choose:-
4 Best Free Comic Reader Apps for Android
ComicRack is one of the best comic reader with beautiful user interface. It comes up with countless useful features like live wallpaper, super customizable app widget, single and double-page viewing, and much more. If you want to unlock more features, you can download the paid version of the app- ComicRack ($7.89). With ComicRack, you can start reading by double tapping the background and can read your eComics on the go.
- Auto scrolling, Color adjustments and advanced zoom modes.
- Automatic synchronization with ComicRack for Windows via USB.
- Live wallpaper , app Widget and Twitter integration.
- Supports CBZ and CBR formats and after sync with ComicRack for Windows it supports CB7, CBT, PDF, DJVU, CBZ, CBR and WebComics.
- Complete library management and reading states management.
- Options to skip all junks pages and lot more.
2. Komik Reader
Komik Reader is a perfect solution for reading the comics on small screen. The free version of the app contains ads but you can easily get rid of them by downloading it’s paid version- Komik Reader ($2.00). Komik Reader provides a clean interface with buttery smooth flipping experience and highly configurable features.
- Supports CBR, CBZ, and image directory comic.
- Visual library with cover art thumbnails.
- Easily zoom into pages and easy collection management.
- Comic collection browser with thumbnails.
- Bookmarks all the comics, smoothly manages dual-spread pages.
Yet another very reliable and fast Comic Reader Apps that provides excellent features such as support for pdf files (pdf plugin needed), multiple view modes, supports a wide range of image formats and archive file formats, awesome filters and lot more, that make Perfect Viewer a perfect choice.
- Bookshelf and bookmark functions.
- Auto cut off white border.
- color, brightness and gamma adjustments.
- 5 different Video modes- Fixed size, Stretch, Full size, Fit Screen, and Fit Width.
- 4 different filters- Bicubic, Lanczos3, Averaging, and Bilinear.
- pinch to zoom & fling gesture are supported.
- Supports multiple OS network file sharing.
- Set image as wallpaper, slideshow, multiple page layouts and my favorites management.
4. Comic Viewer
Previously known as Droid Comic viewer, Comic Viewer is among the simple and lightweight Comic Reader Apps developed by Robot media. Though, it’s free version contains ad which can be easily removed by buying it’s premium version.
- Provides easy back and forth reading.
- Next & previous screen cache.
- Simply use zoom, navigate and scroll functions by touching the screen.
- Can also read comics from SD card.
- Long tap the screen to open CBZ/ZIP, CBR/RAR (beta), ACV, JPEG, PNG, BMP and image folders.
Latest posts by Rohit (see all)
- Top 21 Free Online Proxy Websites to Access Facebook and YouTube - March 18, 2017
- 14 Ways to Download Videos from YouTube - February 22, 2017
- Download a complete website to read it Offline – How to - September 25, 2014