There are a number of ways in which you can create live USB Drivers for Windows. This article discusses the two most popular ways in which you can accomplish this task.
Before getting to the installation steps and the creation of live USB drivers, let us have a look at what all is required during this process. The very first thing that you need to have is a 1 GB or bigger USB drive duly formatted as Fat32. Though you can easily catch hold of a USB drive that is formatted as FAT32, however if you do not get one with this specification then you can format it on your own by following the below mentioned steps:
- Open the ‘My Computer’
- Right Click the USB drive
- Select “Format”
Apart from this, there is one more condition and that is that it runs only on Windows 2000 and above. If both the requirements are fulfilled then you can go ahead and start with the process.
You can create live USB drivers with the help of UNetbootin. This can be done without burning a CD. It can easily be downloaded from the internet or you can also use .iso file in order to create live USB drivers. You can download UNetbootin from here
UNetbootin is Incorporated with a support system that downloads and installs a number of useful distributions automatically. Mentioned below are the installation steps that need to be followed if you are trying to create USB live drivers with UNetbootin.
- Start the process by running the file and selecting a hard disk, distribution or kernel/initrd for loading. After this, choose the target drive and reboot after completion of all the above mentioned.
- Now, if you have chosen “USB Drive” as the installation target while creating live USB then after rebooting the system, click the correct button at the time your system is starting.
- Choose USB drive as the startup target under the BIOS boot menu. Incase you do not get an option for boot selection then under the BIOS menu you will find the startup order, change it in order to boot USB by default. Or incase, if you have selected “Hard Disk” as your installation target, then at the time the system is booting, you will be required to choose UNetbootin entry under the Windows Boot Menu.
In order to build live USB with the help of UNetbootin, all you need to do is to download a .iso file. Choose it in the UNetbootin’s “disk image” option and mention the target USB disk under “Drive”. Now click “ok” and wait until the ISO gets extracted to the USB drive. When this is done you will get a Live USB driver for your windows.
2. Win 32 Image writer
Live USB driver on windows can also be created by using Win32 Image writer. Steps to be followed are mentioned below:
- The very first thing that you are required to do is to download the required .img file and Disk Imager. Disk imager can be downloaded easily from the internet. You can Download from here or any other trusted link to download it.
- Now insert flash media and write down the drive letter which is allocated to the particular flash media.
- Once this is done, starts the Disk Imager and chose the file that you had downloaded along with the target device and press “Write”.
When the process is completed take out the flash media that you had inserted.
Both the above mentioned methods are hassle free and can be completed with ease. Just go through these steps carefully and you would be able to create live USB for your windows on your own, you would not be required to run after experts/engineers to get this job done.
- 14 Ways to Download Videos from YouTube - February 22, 2017
- Download a complete website to read it Offline – How to - September 25, 2014
- Top 5 Text-to-Speech Apps for Your Android - September 21, 2014