When it comes to the display, this is really hard to beat Apple devices and their retina display makes them king among all other smartphones. And, the developers have not stopped yet. In fact, they are making all the major improvements into its display technology with every release to provide you more than what you need. But, you must need some extraordinary apps that can match up with such an incredible hardware of your iOS device. In this article, we are discussing some of the excellent video players that can take full advantage of retina display and can play almost all type of video formats on your iOS device.
Rockplayer2 is an awesome video player developed by Shanghai ChangeTech Co. Ltd. that can play almost every video format you can think of. This is the reason that it is downloaded by millions of people across the globe. Multiple format support (including mvb, flv, wmv, mkv, avi, mp4, mp3, flac, aac etc.) ,Gesture Control, File sharing between different devices and different OS over Wi-Fi, audio track selecting, srt subtitle, TV support, this excellent Video player has it all. And yes, it is all free!
1. Supports all formats including Lossless Audio
2. Allows Importing/exporting of files
3. Customizable gesture control bar and draggable progress bar
4. Cross OS transferring of files
5. Optimized for iPhone 5
6. TV support and media file management
One thing that makes Azul Media player different from other media players is that it comes up with built in media player that let’s you to download your favorite tunes and videos at anytime and from anywhere. With it, you can also stream videos even without downloading them. All in all, Azul is a great media player who has the capabilities to not only support multiple formats but also to give you more than that.
1. Supports multiple formats including mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mp3, wav and much more
2. E-mail attachments and in built downloader
3. Ability to connect your iOS device to your TV (in case of iPhone 4/4S/5 or iPod Touch 4/5th only)
4. Passcode lock and Landscape lock when you watch movie
5. Supports .srt format and video tutorials included
6. Extraction of audio track from .MP4 videos (iOS6.x only)
7. ‘Two fingers’ swipe gestures
Yet another powerful media player by Olimsoft which is very famous out there. It supports all the popular formats, provides screen lock while watching movie, uploads movies by either by web browser installed on your iOS device over Wi-Fi or by ftp client, plays video streams, supports TV out and AirPlay and even backup your media data. If you can tolerate the annoying ads, you can download it’s free version OPlayer Lite.
1. Optimized for iPhone 5
2. Easy file sharing over Wi-Fi
3. Supports TV out and Airplay
4. Creates your own playlist
5. Resume function and dynamic menu included
6. Syncs audio or video to your iOS device
7. Supports subtitle file formats
One video player that worth each and every single penny you pay, is CineXplayer HD. It is an ultimate video player for iOS that offers you countless incredible features that make it superior than all the other video players available out there. It runs all files without the need of any conversion and also supports subtitle with Cyrillic encoding capability along with dual subtitle control , moveable and scalable subtitles etc. Give a CineXPlayer a shot, it would not let you down.
1. Supports AirPlay and album cover
2. Web browser included
3. iCloud Backup Blocker and Dropbox cloud integration
4. Excellent security options
5. Facebook and twitter integration
6. Gives a birds eye view of of all playlists
7. In-app downloads
8. Imports from Camera Roll and much more
Highly flexible, multiple format support, excellent file management, uploading of files over Wi-Fi, incredible gesture support, this iOS video player has everything to offer you. Like other famous video players, it also provides iTunes backup (for this, you will need to enable it in the settings page), USB synchronization and highly secure features.
1. Optimized for iPhone 5.
2. Supports TV out and AirPlay
3. Backup your all media data
4. Screen lock, gesture support, and resume function included
5. Easy browsing of movies by using movie thumbnails
6. Supports various play modes (Loop all/Loop Off/Loop On)
7. Provides basic file operations such as delete, copy, paste, rename etc.
If you are looking for video player with enriched user interface then 8player would be a best pick for you. Yes, it doesn’t support ALL the formats like other video players that are discussed here do but it whatever format it supports, it will run it flawlessly. It supports DLNA technology to transfer the media data between compatible devices via home network. If you don’t want to cough up $5.99 then you can try it’s free version, 8player Lite.
1. Gorgeous User interface with live wallpapers, various visual effects and styles
2. Gesture and subtitle support
3. Supports DLNA technology
4. Supports AirPlay
5. Easy to use
6. Provides playback over 3G network