Get full Administrator Rights in Windows 7
Windows 7 is loaded with tons of latest innovations, features and applications which make it as user friendly operating system. We can enjoy Windows 7 when we have full administration rights otherwise it is like plateful of delicious food and hand got stuck with rope. But after reading this article you might get feel of freedom and access all services by getting full administrator rights.
It is not that easy to get full Administrator rights in Windows 7 as this latest Windows by Microsoft has implemented various additional security mechanisms to prevent accidental or any intentional file or folder modification by not allowing access to any other users. Only the owners of these files or folders are allowed to access it. Hence incase if you need to access, modify or delete such files or folder one has to take ownership first then assign rights or permission to respective to himself or other users.
Do you know that while installing your copy of Windows 7, you mark yourself as the admin of the PC but in actual you are a limited admin. There is still a Hidden Administrator account which has the complete access to any files/ folder/ system files where as your account does not. This is the reason, one always see a message pop up on screen, prompted for UAC rights to elevate.
Below are the listed points, following which one can get full administrator rights in windows 7
1. Click on the Start button, and then click on the computer icon or click on the computer icon on your desktop/ laptop screen.
2. Locate the drive on which the Operating System is installed.
3. Right click on that Hard Disk icon and click on properties.
4. Click the Security tab, under this click the Advanced tab.
5. Find the Change Permissions button located after the Permission Entries list and click on it.
6. A new window will pop up on your screen.
7. This new pop up window will list all the user accounts available on your computer.
8. One can choose any user account to give full access over Windows 7 and click the Edit button.
9. Now, tick the checkbox labeled “Total Control” and press OK.
10. Here you do. Done