A task management app should be designed to do just that, manage time, and to do it well, leaving the rest of the human resources to be engaged in developing value within the business. Thanks to the ubiquitous nature of the internet and the web based applications that have been designed to make all the facets of our lives easier, such a product does exist and it will no doubt revolutionize how time is managed throughout the enterprise.
The fact is, many firms are turning towards the remote work paradigm, where non-essential and in some cases even core services can be done effectively well away from the office. A challenge arises therefore, since many jobs are metered against the hour and pay pegged per hour, how do you ascertain that the workers are productive, when they are miles away and even time zones away from the central work place?
The Cool Features You Should Expect From a Time Tracking App
This has been the challenge. The solution, a piece of specialized software, a timesheet app
, that is intuitive, easy to use and excellent in producing actionable reports and the best part is that it resides in the cloud. For a task management app to live up to its hype, it must be able to have features that make the entire process of logging time for payroll purposes as seamless as possible.
To pass the test for coolness therefore, it must satisfy and even surpass the following criteria;
- Before we embark on this list proper, we must stress that it should be affordable for any firm, big or small, preferably with a simple flat monthly billing fee per worker.
- The list proper, cool factor one, the app should allow clocking in using any device, desktop, laptop, tablet, phablet and phone to be in tandem/compatible with the multiplicity of devices that are in use today.
- It should allow you the employer, to see everyone who is working in real time, from whatever part of the globe they are and what they are working on, when they signed in and out. Cool factor two.
- The app should make it a simple process to generate and export detailed reports, measured in seconds, and to easily export the same for analysis on any platform of your choice. This will be useful in calculating overtime, time offs and other details when working on your payroll, that’s cool factor three.
- The app should be able to keep a record of the GeoIP addresses of the devices, and the type of devices in use so that you can determine with absolute certainty that the work is being done where it is supposed to be done from using the approved devices. Now that’s cool, four.
- Furthermore, it should make it possible for you to view and generate complex and detailed information such as tracking jobs, tasks, projects and clients, in one simple intuitive interface.
If the time tracking app has all the above features then clearly it would have beaten the threshold of cool by a mile.
To know more about timesheet app, please visit the site.
Latest posts by Charlie Brown (see all)
- Why Personal Finance Apps are perfect for Financial Discipline - January 16, 2017
- Top Tips for Producing Good Videos - January 10, 2017
- How Argos is using technology to make online shopping a Memorable Experience - January 3, 2017