Pets are not just animals for those who own them. In fact, they treat them as their family members, love them equally and share an intense bond with them. Your pet is always your best friend who kills your loneliness, reduce your stress, and with whom you can play, and relax. There is an unconditional love between you and your furry friend. But what if your beloved pet goes missing? in that case, you will need an effective method to find your lost pets.
If a person lost somewhere, he/she can tell their address by speaking but animals cannot do so. As a result, the chances of getting back lost pets become less. Thankfully, there are some websites that can help to find your lost pets. You can upload all the information regarding your pet including their color, height and breed etc. The approach of websites is much wider than traditional method of posters so you must try this in case your pet is lost. Below is a list of those websites which you can use for searching your lost pet much effectively.
3 Sites that lets you Find your Lost Pets
1. Pet Amber Alert –
It is a website that helps you to quickly find your lost pet. Before get started, they ask you to choose type of the alert- poster alert, phone alert or the combination of two (amber alert) and charge you accordingly.
How it works:
- After choosing your choice, you need to submit some required information such as your name, E-mail address, date and address where your pet was last seen, pet’s photo, color, name, age, and breed.
- An Amber Alert is issued, and within minute they will send phone and poster alerts with the description of your pet to the thousands of neighbors, veterinarians, Animal Shelters, Animal Control, Hospitals, etc. within a 10 to 100 mile radius of where your pet was last seen. Please note that, PetAmberAlert provides it’s services within U.S only. PetAmberAlert also provides a free Lost Pet Recovery Guide that contains step-by-step description of actions one should take to safely recover his lost pet.
- As the Amber alert is sent to thousands of neighbors and businesses, the chances of the safe return of your pet gets maximized. PetAmberAlert will inform you when anyone who finds your pet.
The Center For Lost Pets provides a central location for everyone who has lost or found any pet. It is maintained by Humane Society of the United States. The Center For Lost Pets, provides all it’s services to anyone who lives in U.S and needs help with a lost or found pet without asking you to spend a single penny for that.
How it works:
- To ask help, you first need to register yourself on the website.
- After registration, fill out the your details which includes your name, email address, phone number, state, city etc. and your pet’s details such as your pet’s name, age, sex, breed, color, where pet was lost etc. It is advisable to fill out each and every information correctly.
- When you submit all information regarding you and your pet, the site will show the list of all possible matches for the pet who you have lost. If you don’t find any of the match, then they will notify you immediately by email or text message when a possible match has been found. You can also ask for the expert help to find your lost pets by going to the Advice Section in the case you do not find an immediate match.
3. Lost Pet USA –
If you live in the U.S, then Lost Pet USA is another a good option to use that also provides free services to use. Like The Center For Lost Pets, it also contains the database for lost and found pets. If you are an iOS user then you can also download their app from here.
How it works:
- If you lost your pet, you can checkout their list of all lost and found pets. You can also refine your results by entering the city/zip code/ state name where your pet was last seen.
- You can also register your lost pet by filling all the necessary information of you and your pet.
- If you don’t find your lost pets, you can ask for the suggestions such as tips for finding a lost pet, partners for pets program etc. And yes, you can also download their Microsoft Word Flyer Template to create a poster for your lost pen.