Top 5 Wi-Fi File Transfer Apps for iPhone
I guess, everyone knows where the iPhones are good at. From great looks to great functionalities, they possess all. But, do you know where they aren’t good at? Yes, it’s sharing and the reason is it’s is locked file system. If we compare it with Android, iOS really gives you very less freedom when it comes to sharing. Thankfully, there are some apps out there that allow us to share files wirelessly without the need of jailbreak. Therefore, to simplify the things, I have hand-picked top 6 Wi-Fi sharing apps that are best to use. There are also some remote access apps are available that best to use. You can also check out them out.
Scroll down to see the Top 6 Wi-Fi Sharing apps for your iPhone:
1. Air Sharing
Air sharing is all-in-one app with a hefty price tag, and in fact, most popular among the users. This small nifty app comes up with plethora of features that are really commendable. It is best file storage app that allows you to share your files over a Wi-Fi network. when you use this app on your iPhone or iPod touches, it will make your iPhone to act as a wireless hard disk on a Mac, Linux computer that are on the same Wi-Fi network. So that, you can easily copy or transfer files between two devices.
- Create a wireless hard drive and Auto-detects other devices that are on same Wi-Fi network
- Support many file formats like PDFs, HTML web page, RTF files etc.
- High security
- Search ZIP archives without unzipping and print documents
- Email attachments and supports many different file transfer protocols like Google Docs, iKeepInCloud, Dropbox, SSH and many more
- Download files and also save images to Photos
- Provide scrollbar to easily view large documents
- View Source code with color-coded formatting
Requires: iOS 5.0 or later
DropCopy Lite is another file sharing app that allows you to view, store and manage your stuff on your iPhone over a Wi-Fi network. All you need is to have a Wi-Fi connection and after connecting to it, you can easily move your files to and from your iOS device. It provides all the basic file operations like move, copy, paste, delete, email, share, zip, unzip and many more. Something cool about it is that you just need to use simply drag the files from the Mac to onto dropzone on your desktop and those files will be transferred to your chosen destination right then. One thing you should note that, DropCopy Lite is not capable of accessing your files in your iTunes library, you will need to add files to your iOS device.
- Auto-detect other users on same Wi-Fi network
- Copy, paste, move, delete, zip, unzip and many more file operations
- Option to rename any file
- Offer previews for most common file formats
- Sharing of clipboards
Requires: iOS 4.3 or later
3. WiFi Files
WiFi Files is an easy and efficient app that manages your file system on your iOS device at the same time. It’s another one in the roundup that only supports iOS 5.0 or later. Thankfully, it offers more than it’s “transfer your files” scenario. You are also allowed to save files and email attachments from the web for the later use. It’s a free app but after 11 transfers, you will need to buy this app if you want to continue it’s use. In case of iPhone, it will cost $0.99 and in case of iPad, you will need to pay little much- $1.99.
- Transfer files to and from your iOS device
- Zip/Unzip files and organize saved files
- Send saved files via Email
- Manage your files and sort them alphabetically and by modification date
- In the latest version, documentation included
- Save captured screenshots
- Support different file formats including HTML and PDF
- To queue up downloads, a download queue is included
Requires: iOS 5.0 or later
4. Phone Drive
Phone Drive is created by Eightythree Technology. With it, you can use your iPhone as a portable Wireless Flash Drive to manage your files on the go. Phone Drive supports about 14 languages. It comes up with it’s voice recorder, image viewer, text editor, file manager, PDF reader and document viewer to do full justice with the money you will pay. Along with the basic file operations, it also supports cloud storage including Dropbox and iCloud storage. It is a great app to have and due to it’s awesome features, it is included in the list.
- Password protection to protect your files from others
- Built-in text editor and multi-media player
- Supports background audio playback and Audio Remote Control from multitask
- Share files to and from your iOS device via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection with password lock
- Support MS Office, Text & HTML, iwork and many other formats including RTF, MP4,MP3, M4A, CAF, Source code , web archive etc.
- Support rename, delete, move, copy, unRAR, zip, unzip, create file and folder file operations
- Import pictures from photo library and allows users to create image captures, video and voice recordings and text-files
Requires: iOS 4.3 or later
5. WiFi HD
At last, it’s WiFi HD which is created by Savy Soda. It is purely a file sharing app that only does what it says. It is recommended if you want to upload or download unlimited data or to make backup of your iPhone. I guess, it’s developers don’t believe in becoming “Jack of all trades, master of none” and that’s why they have focused only in sharing.
- Uses built-in HTTP File Server to share the files
- Manage Folders
- Offers unlimited File Size and Number of Files is also unlimited
Requires: iOS 2.2 or later
So, these are top 5 Wi-file sharing apps that can help you out and if you are interested to download best apps for your iOS device without paying any penny then you should check out these 60 awesome apps first. It will help you to decide which one is best for you.